Monday, May 9, 2011

Living Art

And now, for your reading pleasure, a sculpter at her work.
Picture it: the artest sits, clay in hand, surrounded by her cast away pieces and the detritus of life.

First form: a ball, squeeze, pull, a growth. A smaller peace from that growth, squeeze, pull.

"bwawawawaaaaaaaaaa! Aaaaahhh! aaaahhh--Hello? Hello? Who are you? What is this? What are we doing here? Hello?"

Small lines are pressed; The cheeks, a nose.

"Hey, what is that ... that ... that ...smell? I smell? I smell! What is that I smell? Can I have some?"

More lines, more shaping.

"Hi there, whoa what are you doing to my ... my ...? Hey, oo what are those? Are those people? What is that light? What are all these colors? Oo what is that? Is that you? What are you?
Ow Ow! You are pinching! Why are you pinching? What are you Pinching? Is that a flap? What's it for? Can I use it?
Oh, There are two now! Two flappers."

Much flapping ensues.

"Flap flap! Flap flap! My flappers.
Oo Oo, now what are you doing back there? You are squeezing again. Can I watch? ... More flappers?"

(swish! swish)!

"I have a tail! It is flappy! I love my flappy tail! I ... what am I?"

(flap flap! flap flap! flap flap flap flap flap)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay visiters!